If you write your own personal injury blog for your law firm, you might encounter writer’s block. With this in mind, here are a few blog ideas to help get your creative juices churning.
Blog ideas for personal injury lawyers
The first thing you want to remember when writing a blog is your audience – your past, present and potential clients. The best blogs are those that are helpful and informative, or those that address a specific question you have been asked. Here then are some suggestions for blog topics.
- Write about your practice area: They say that you write best about what you know best. For you, that’s personal injury law. If you have a specific focus in your practice, write about that focus. If your focus is trucking accidents, write about that. If your focus is elder abuse, write about that. You can also write about other areas of personal injury law that you may not practice.
- Step-by-step guides: These types of guides are very popular online. You can write a step-by-step guide on what to do if you are involved in a car accident, or a task list on how to avoid different types of injuries. If you are a product liability attorney, you could write a guide about how to proceed with such a claim.
- New or changes in the laws of your state: Blogs about new laws and changes to existing laws pertaining to personal injury matters help keep people informed, without overwhelming them. You can show your expertise while taking out the legalese and writing in a way that the public can understand.
- Highly successful settlements you’ve made: It’s okay to brag. Write about any highly successful case you’ve settled or won in court. It shows that you are an effective and successful attorney and such information builds trust with your visitors.
- Invite a guest blogger: A guest blogger shows you have a wide field of influence and a working network of other experts, legal or otherwise. This enhances your reputation and also builds trust. If your focus is on nursing home abuse, a guest blog from the director of a specific nursing home on how they prevent elder abuse is just one of many possible ideas.
- Seasonal content: Memorial Day weekend and the Fourth of July are two holidays when the most motor vehicle crashes occur due to excess drinking, crowded highways and other causes. You could write about that and how to stay safe during those times. Tips on safe trick or treating on Halloween is also a valuable blog. Let the seasons be writing inspirations.
- Answer common questions: Address common personal injury questions with a blog post. Such blogs can provide valuable insight and information to your readers.
- The trial process: Most people don’t have any idea about how a court proceeding works. Taking your readers on a trip through the process gives them an education on how things really work when a case goes to trial and how hard and long a process it usually is.
- Personal injury claims: A blog about the process of settling a personal injury claim should be one of the first blogs you write. By explaining the process, potential clients have a realistic understanding of what to expect and why it is so important to hire a personal injury attorney as soon as possible after an injury.
People read a lot of blogs. In fact, 70% of users say blogs influence their buying decisions. You can’t afford not to blog!
It’s very important that you maintain your blog by writing consistently and frequently. If you don’t have the time to research ideas, or do the necessary keyword research and optimization, you might want to give us a call at Group Matrix. Our experienced staff is knowledgeable in all areas of personal injury and our writers know just how to target your particular audience.
Group Matrix Blog – July 25, 2018 – by Sharon Bowles