An Instagram Story is a feature which allows the user to post photographs and videos that disappear after 24 hours. In this article, we will explore how you, as a personal injury attorney, can benefit from posting your own business story.
Millions use Instagram
Instagram has the biggest engagement of all other social media platforms with more than 800 million monthly active users and more than 500 million people using it each day. Three million users are on Instagram Stories, which accounts for more than half of the platform’s daily users.
Here are a few more stats to show how important Instagram stories are for businesses, which are watched even more than its regular feed.
- Instagram has 24 million+ business profiles worldwide.
- Two million advertisers worldwide share their stories on Instagram
- Sixty percent of users say they discover new products and services on Instagram.
- Over 200 million users visit at least one business profile per day.
- Of all the Instagram stories posted on Instagram, one-third of the MOST viewed stories are from businesses.
- Instagram recently reported that one in five Instagram stories leads to a direct dialogue with a viewer, meaning you have the possibility of directly communicating with a potential client 20% of the time.
The benefits of posting Instagram stories
There are certain important benefits of posting Instagram stories.
- Of all the benefits of Instagram stories, brand awareness and staying top of mind are the greatest.
- If you already have an Instagram account, the story feature allows you to grow your community. By tagging other users in your Instagram stories, you make them feel valued and thus strengthen you relationship, as well as creating new ones and gaining possible new clients.
- Instagram stories are discoverable through a search, meaning that even those who don’t follow you can view your stories, thus providing a great way to attract new followers.
- It’s important to diversify your marketing strategy to tap into audiences of all social media preferences. By doing so, you make your business available to different kinds of followers.
- By using real-time marketing with your Instagram stories, you can reach your target audience immediately.
As a personal injury attorney, what should you feature in an Instagram Story?
Instagram stories are not supposed to be long, polished videos. On the contrary, they are supposed to be relaxed and short real-time moments (15 seconds, unless it’s a live video). The purpose of these stories is to humanize you and your law firm, show others who you are, what you like, where you work, what you do.
Ideas can include the view from your office, a meeting with your staff, talking about your upcoming day over coffee, a conference you’re attending, showing the neighborhood where your office is located, where you are having lunch, what case you are working on, what you are doing after work, etc. Any and all parts of your business life and work are fair game for story subjects.
Even though Instagram stories are short, they should have a beginning, middle and an end. Best would be story posts 3-4 times a day, but it’s up to you and your schedule. The most important thing is to be consistent, whether you post once a day or once a week.
If you need help setting up an Instagram account or help with the Instagram Story feature and/or other social media platforms, give us a call at Group Matrix. We can help you with any and all aspects of your social media campaign.
Group Matrix Blog – August 15, 2018 – by Sharon Bowles